For 2018, we have a special watch project up our sleeves: the SUBDELTA Destro. Destro is Italian for “left”: the bespoke crown is placed on the left side to avoid it to cause any pain and discomfort during military operations.
Here’s a rough first sketch:
The unique design of the dial and single hand only displays the elapsed time per 15 minutes. This is achieved by hand-modifying the Swiss handwound movement to become an “Einzeiger”. Not only is this a very relaxed way of passing time, in most situations, you don’t need the exact time anyway. A rough indication suffices. The latest Swiss Super-LumiNova “White Line” ensures an amazing lume both day and night.
The 316L blasted steel hardware is paired with a handmade leather strap by our strap artist Remie Beijer of 7T2Straps.com. The packaging will traditionally be a Nanuk and rest asure – you’ll reveice a few of those SUBDELTA goodies too 😉
Concept 3D of the dial:
Specifications (subject to change):
- beadblasted 42mm 316L steel hardware (unique to SUBDELTA)
- Swiss handwound movement (Sellita SW210-1), hand-modified by our Dutch watchmaker to become an “Einzeiger” (onehand)
- sandwiched dial: lower dial filled with Swiss Super-LumiNova “White Line” (new color for 2018), upperdial painted matte black
- “destro” (lefty) crown setup (screw-in) > same crown as our 2015 SUBDELTA Periscope
- double-domed sapphire crystal with voilet AR coating on the underside
- screwed caseback with a flat sapphire crystal
- Nanuk packaging
- handmade leather strap by 7T2Straps.com
- 1st Edition price indication (Early Birds price): €1,249 + shipping (non-EU) or €1,499 + shipping (EU)
- 1st Edition production run: only 50 numbered pieces