Good day civilians,
HQ is about to brief you prior to your flight, so buckle up & sit tight.
Lots of things going on @ HQ these days. The design team for the ACE has reached its conclusive design! Thanks Philipp and Daniel Piaz, for going through all those details with HQ for hours and hours. With 7 hours time diffference, this hasn’t always been easy. Without you, the ACE would not have been where it is already. Your enthusiasm and will to go for “nothing but perfect” this has become a balanced, strong and unique design indeed. Thanks so much guys!
Some parts were changed for the better (we think) and the hands needed a more compelling and unique design. They just weren’t good enough. During the engineering phase, my engineer might need to redesign some minor little details, but… not without a fight 😉
There’s lots to talk you through, but HQ will only sum up some of the highlights:
- hours and minutes hands: fully lumed, not quite touching the inner circle and outer hours and minute markers
- seconds hand: dark grey paint with center hub cap and redesigned triangular-shaped tip both filled with BGW9 “grade A” lume (do you spot the “hidden” parts of the SUBDELTA logo?)
- total length decreased from 55 to 52 mm, making it more wearable for a larger audience
- BGW9 “grade A” instead of Light Orange “standard grade” lume, making it more awesome
For a moment, HQ considered having C1 Green Line lume, just like the P1lot One and Periscope. No, no, no: the ACE requires it just a tad crazier. BGW9 it is. Just look at the subtle (but noticeable) difference. Yes – call us crazy, but the devil’s in the details.
During daytime hours, BGW9 only is a tad more off-white compared to C1, making it more vintage and this is considered a perk. Vintage suits the ACE better than clinical white. We think.
We are working on the 2D, 3D and technical drawings of the design above as we speak. After this, the actual live prototype will be made.
- grade 5 beadblasted titanium hardware
- 42 (47 w/ crown) x 52 x 14 mm | 22 mm lugh width | 6 ATM water resistant
- double-domed sapphire crystal w/ AR coating (inside)
- non-screwed-in titanium Flieger crown w/ laserengraved build number
- (if > 50 are sold) Swiss Isoprog IP13 handwound movement w/ black bridges, Côtes de Genève & blued screws, 21,600 revs/hr (6 revs/sec @ 3 Hz), hacking (stop) second, 20 jewels & 42 hours power reserve
- sword hands, center cap & sandwich dial filled w/ Swiss-SuperLuminova BGW9 Grade A
- display screwed-in titanium caseback w/ flat sapphire crystal, AR coating (inside) & laserengravings
- olive drab leather strap in 3 sizes w/ metal rivets (handmade in NL), titanium Flieger buckle w/ laserengraved logo & titanium tongue
- Martexin waxed canvas watchroll w/ leather string & handsewn patches (handmade in USA)
- designed by Philipp & Daniel Piaz (CH) & Hans de Ree (NL)
For now – have a good week 😉
Over & out.